The AccountNow Vantage Prepaid Mastercard is designed for those who may have trouble obtaining a standard unsecured credit card and is issued by MetaBank. The card does not require an account to be opened howeve rit does require advanced payments which are then used to offset future purchases. Basically, it is neccessary to pre load the card. You can load the card in two different ways, the first being direct fund placement from the cardholder’s paycheck. You may also load the card by wiring money from an established bank account or through the MoneyGram ExpressPayment program.
There are fees associated with this prepaid card an it is critical that the cardholder is aware of these fees. The fees are as follows:
- Account setup fee of $9.95. This will be waived if the direct deposit feature is used by the cardholder.
- Monthly participation fee of $9.95. This translates to an annual rate of $119.40.
- No additional charges for US purchases.
- 1$ ATM balance inquiry
- $3.95-4.95 fund load fee. Direct Deposit is free.
- Free Online Bill Pay – pay bills for free online fast, easy, and secured
- Free Direct Deposit – have your checks and tax return deposited directly into your account. $25 bonus on your account as well.
- Discount & Rewards – offers a Refer-A-Friend program and a Purchase Rewards program with special offers from a number of merchants including Netflix and iTunes. Visit here to learn more about these discounts and rewards.
Card Notes & Requirements
There are no employment verifications with this card. You must be 18 or older and be a verifiable U.S citizen. 100% gauranteed approval for all eligible applicants. This means no credit checks or turn downs. No overdraft fees or required minimum balance. Re-loadable up to $10,000.
If you are looking for a stored value card with the flexibility to pay in advance, do not mind paying upfront, and are interested in seizing the creditbuilder feature, then the AccountNow Vantage Prepaid MasterCard is a feasable and benificial option to use. Also, if you do not have the opportunity, or credit, to qualify for a debit or credit account with a bank, this card is a premiere option.