Chase Visa Gift Card Fees
Everyone wants to know the fees involved with every gift card or prepaid debit card. Lets take a look at the obvious ones, and the ones hidden under the hood:
The current fees include:
- Gift Cards purchased at branches: $3.50
- Gift Cards available at www.chase.com: No charge for the gift card. Standard shipping $4.95. Express delivery an additional $15.95
- Bulk orders: $3.50 per card. A minimum of 20 cards and a maximum of 500 cards per order. Shipping $16.95 per order.
- Monthly Card Fee: A $2.50 monthly fee after the first 12 calendar months following the date of purchase.
- Please see the Chase Gift Card Agreement for details.
That’s straight from the gift horses mouth. Other than the fees listed above, you or your gift recipient have nothing else to worry about.
Where Can I get a Chase Visa Gift Card?
- You can purchase the gift card at any Chase Bank location. To find the nearest location to you,click here.
- You can also purchase the gift cards online at www.chase.com. You will need to use a debit or credit card for the online purchase, whereas at a local branch you can use cash.
How Does the Card Work?
- Since this is a prepaid card, it only carries the amount determined by the purchaser or the card at the time time of purchase. The card can be used to purchase good or services anywhere that Visa is accepted. Each time a purchase is made, the amount used is deducted from the total balance of the card. Once the balance has been depleted the gift card is now worthless.
Are there Any Monthly Fees?
No monthly maintenance fee is charged to the Chase gift card. However, after 12 months of inactivity (not using the card at all for a year) Chase will deduct $2.50 each month until the balance is depleted. If the card is used during this period, the 12 month inactivity period starts over.
How does the Card Work in Restaurants and places where the final amount charges may change?
- At some places like restaurants, hotels, spas, beauty salons and gas stations a small amount is added to the transaction after the merchnat has swiped your card. This is in order to leave a tip and other things of that nature. In these cases, Chase will temporary reduce the balance available on your card. The amount is equal to the amount of the transaction. Once the final amount is issued buy the merchant, any left over balance will be put back onto your card.