The NetSpend Visa is a popular Visa prepaid debit card for people who want the features of a traditional bank account without the worries of overdraft and NSF charges. Users can only spend the amount that is loaded onto their card. Once the balance is depleted, you can reload money onto your card in several ways including stopping by a loading center, receiving direct deposit from your employer, or having social security or disability payments loaded onto your card automatically. Because you can only spend the amount available on the card it’s important to know your balance before you make a purchase.
NetSpend Visa Balance Check
There are several ways to check the balance of your NetSpend Debit card.
- To check your balance for free, log into your online Account Center where you can see your balance, deposits and transaction history.
- Sign up for Anytime Alerts- using anytime alerts you receive a text message including your card account balance after each time you make a transaction. Also, if you are signed up for Anytime Alerts, you can text “BAL” to 22622 anytime and your account balance will be sent to your phone through a text message.
- You can also check your balance by calling 1-866-387-7363 as well as when using a participating ATM
NetSpend Customer Service
If your card is ever lost or stolen, you will need to contact customer service by calling their toll free number 1-866-387-7363. You can also log into your Account Center to report your card.
NetSpend General Information:
What Government Benefits Can I have direct deposited into my NetSpend Card Account?
- Social Security Payment
- Pension and other regular payments
- Supplemental Security Income
- Social Security Disability Insurance
- Veterans Administration Compensation and Pension
- Railroad Retirement Benefits
- Defense Finance and Account Service Payments
- State unemployment benefits (varies by state)
Can I transfer Money to Someone?
You can transfer money from your NetSpend card to friends and family members who also have NetSpend cards. This can be down through your Account Center. Otherwise, transfers are not able to be made.
How to I Dispute a Charge from a Merchant?
- Log into the online Account Center
- From the main menu select, “Help” and then “File a Dispute”
- You will need your PIN to access this service online.