What is a Vanilla Visa?
Vanilla Visa is a prepaid gift card that can be used the same as cash. Unlike other merchant gift cards, Vanilla Visa can be used to shop online or in retail stores, anywhere Visa debit is accepted within the U.S.
- Used the same as cash
- Can be used anywhere in the United States where Visa debit is accepted, including online
- Can be loaded with $25, $50, $75 or a variable load ($20-$500)
- Purchases at various retailers across the country
- No activation fee
- Can be used immediately after purchase
- No ATM access and is not re loadable
How to Check the Balance on a Vanilla Visa
To check the balance on you Vanilla Visa prepaid gift card, have the card number, expiration date and CVV number (three digit code on back of card) ready and log on to vanillavisa.com. From there, you should see a screen similar to the one below. Simply enter your card information and click go.
Due to new gift card legislation, all Vanilla Visa prepaid gift cards purchased after August 22, 2010 have no fees attached. However, Vanilla Visa cards prior to that date may be subject to fees. Please visit their website for more information.